Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet
Search type


The University offers relocation assistance to some staff when moving their main residence to take up a post here. Usually the amount offered will be up to one-twelfth of the employee's starting salary (ie equivalent to one month's pay).

Eligible staff will be advised in their offer of appointment letter and contacted by Crown World Mobility, our professional relocation service provider.

Employees will be able to select services from Crown and/or claim for expenses.

Any expenses claimed must be incurred in connection with:

  • the sale of the old residence;
  • the purchase or rental of a new main residence within 40 miles of the University postcode;
  • transporting belongings to the new residence;
  • associated travel and subsistence costs.

Each claim must be submitted within three months of incurring the expense and all claims in connection with the move must be submitted before the end of the tax year after the one in which the employee takes up their post at the University.

Expenses claim forms will be provided by Crown. Full details can be found in the University's policy:

Expenditure up to £8000 in connection with moving one's main residence is normally tax free. Further advice will be given by Crown and can be found on the HMRC website by following the link below.