People invited by the Directorate of Human Resources to claim interview expenses should complete the PR8 Interview Expenses claim form.
Please do not use this form to make or claim any other payments or any kind.
All candidate claims are limited to a maximum of £250, including those for candidates traveling from abroad. Schools/Directorates wishing to pay any amount in excess of this must approve the amount in advance with the candidate and fund the excess from their own budget.
Managers are encouraged to consider ways to curtail the rising costs of recruitment, for example:
- Using Skype/video conferencing for initial interviews
- Ensuring interview times allow candidates to travel without the need for an overnight stay
Completing the form
The claim form should be completed by the candidate before arrival at the University, and must be presented before the interview. Claims made after this date should be sent to HR Services within one month of the interview date.
Claimants should be aware of the following:
- Travel must be by the most economic method possible
- All original receipts/tickets must be submitted with the claim
- Expenses will only be paid up to the limit specified (excluding excess amounts agreed in advance with the School/Directorate)