Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet

DEFRA licences

DEFRA issues a number of licences that may be required for research or teaching around the University, such as Plant Health licences, SAPO (Specified Animal Pathogen Order) and licences, or licences to keep specific animals such as non-native shellfish. 

Each summer, information on these licences is requested for general risk management purposes. Please note that information regarding phytosanitary certificates that may have accompanied imported material is not required. 


Issued: 22 May 2017; Last reviewed: May 2023 Next review: May 2024