Emergency Management Plan
The purpose of the Emergency Management Plan (EMP) is:
- To guide the University’s initial response to a wide range of emergencies that may affect the University and its staff, students and visitors;
- To establish managerial responsibility for dealing with emergencies;
- To ensure that appropriate consultation takes place with the key operational areas affected by the incident;
- To provide action guidelines and practical advice for senior staff identified as being responsible for managing the early stages of an emergency;
- To support Emergency Incident Managers in initiating a Major Incident Response.
The University operates a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week duty Emergency Incident Manager (EIM) rota where senior managers undertake EIM duty on a weekly basis.
For further information please contact Compliance & Risk Office.