The University of Manchester is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children. We will:
- Adhere to University procedures to recruit staff and select students
- Carry out appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service checks as necessary
- Ensure that staff and students are aware of The University of Manchester Child Protection Policy and related procedures, and that appropriate staff and students are provided with Child Protection Policy and Guidance training on a regular basis
- Provide information to all interested parties regarding The University of Manchester child protection policy and procedures for working with children;
- Provide information to teachers, group leaders, service providers and any other interested parties on The University of Manchester’s expectations regarding child protection responsibilities when visiting the University and when our staff and students are involved in activities on premises external to the University;
- Work closely with other organisations to safeguard children;
- Have procedures for dealing with allegations of abuse against University staff members and students.