Making a Difference Awards 2018
17 Jan 2018
Don't miss your chance to nominate - deadline is Monday, 22 January
With a closing date of Monday, 22 January there are just a few days to get your nominations and entries in for the Making a Difference Awards.
The Making a Difference Awards aim to recognise and celebrate the many different types of social responsibility achievements of the University’s academic and professional support staff, students and alumni.
The Awards are open to all staff and students at the University and individuals or teams can submit an entry for themselves, or be nominated by a third party.
Culminating in a major awards ceremony hosted by the President and Vice-Chancellor in May 2018, the awards will celebrate and raise awareness of how individuals and teams across the University are making a difference to the social and environmental wellbeing of our communities and wider society.
The award categories include the following:
- Outstanding benefit to society through research
- Outstanding teaching innovation in social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to social enterprise
- Outstanding public and community engagement initiative
- Outstanding contribution to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding Professional Support Services and library support for social responsibility
- Outstanding contribution to environmental sustainability
- Outstanding contribution to widening participation
- Volunteer of the Year Award
Read about some of the 2017 Making a Difference Award winners and find out how winning an Award made a difference to their work.
Click here to watch the Making a Difference Awards 2018 promotional video.
Further information, award criteria and the entry form can be found on the Social Responsibility website.