Programme Administrator – PGR
To provide administrative support for staff and students on Postgraduate Research programmes.
Their responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that students are registered on the correct programme and units and maintaining accurate student records.
- Assisting with the organisation of student induction of students, including the production of induction packs.
- Maintaining effective means of communication with students, including Listservs, notice boards, the Virtual Common Room, etc.
- Assisting with the distribution of Personal Learning Plans for students with disabilities to all relevant academic staff.
- Assisting with the production of timetables for teaching, including liaison with the Central Timetabling and internal room booking systems as required.
- Assisting with the production of information for general handbooks, directories of course units, and programme handbooks.
- Assisting with administration of student representation, peer mentoring and peer assisted study schemes within a specified subject area.
- Acting as Secretary to relevant meetings and prepare agendas, attend and take minutes of meetings, including staff-student liaison meetings and examination boards.
- Providing administrative support for academic examinations officers, preparing exam results grids and providing supporting student information to assist the Chair of the exam board.
- Assisting with the production of examination papers, and other forms of assessment; and with the organisation of assessment timetables.
- Assisting with the processing of course work submissions and examination scripts, maintaining accurate records and audit trails of work and scripts forwarded to staff for marking.
- Liaising with External Examiners regarding the checking of scripts, moderation, visits, annual reports, expense claims, and assisting with the administration of the nominations and appointment process.
- Publication of assessment results, in both paper and electronic formats.
- Assisting in the administration of awards, bursaries and prizes.