Receptionist/Teaching & Learning Assistant (Assessment)
The T&L Receptionists are the first point of contact for visitors to the Teaching & Learning Offices of the School of Materials; they provide a helpful and welcoming service to students, staff and external visitors to School. Additionally, each Receptionist provides additional administrative support as Teaching & Learning Assistant to one of the three T&L functions (assessment, programmes, PGR).
Their responsibilities include:
- Working within a small team of receptionists, being first point of contact for callers and visitors, on the telephone, by email and in person, providing a professional, helpful and welcoming service.
- Greeting visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner, and providing excellent customer service to the School’s students, staff and other visitors.
- Monitoring and maintaining stationery and office supplies within the office including requests for the maintenance of general office equipment (e.g. facsimile machines, photocopiers, printers etc.) and fault reporting as necessary.
- Building up a thorough understanding and knowledge of the Teaching & Learning administrative area and a general understanding of the wider School in order to resolve enquiries/issues in an accurate, efficient and effective manner.
- Escalating enquiries/issues that cannot be resolved to appropriate colleagues in a timely and efficient manner to minimise inconvenience to the person raising the query.
- Distributing relevant information via the student listservs.
- Attend specific timetabled lectures to record student engagement.
Reception posts are rotated between SSB and MSS. The general email for all enquiries is: firstname.lastname@example.org