Leaders in Teaching Programme
The Leaders in Teaching Programme supports and develops those involved in or aspiring to teaching and learning leadership positions.
Over the course of six months, the programme offers a combination of:
- Seven half-day workshops to meet and work with a cohort of colleagues on topics of direct relevance to teaching and learning leadership
- The opportunity to inform programme content so it offers what you need in your current context
- Short 'fieldwork' tasks to complete between sessions applying concepts covered in the workshops to your current activities
- One-to-one sessions to address leadership challenges and to help you implement what is being learned
- Feedback from those around you on your performance in key areas
- Support and challenge from your peers on the programme, as well as from external and internal facilitators.
Programme structure (t.b.c.)
|1||Leading in Teaching - what's it all about?||Setting a vision for the programme, and your role, in the context of the teaching and University environment.||Thursday 25 February 2021, 9.30am-1pm|
|2||Leading Change||If learning and leadership both involve change, we need to understand and work with the change process.||Wednesday 17 March 2021, 1pm-4.30pm|
|3||Being Well||Tools and approaches to help with time, priorities and keeping an even keel.||
Monday 12 April 2021,1pm-4.30pm
|4a||Communication and influence I||It's hard to think of any sets of skills and abilities that are more fundamental to teaching and leadership than these.||Monday 10 May 2021, 9.30am-1pm|
|4b||Communication and influence II||Continuing the topic from part I||Monday 24 May 2021, 09:30am-1pm|
|5||Teams, culture and development||It's all very well having a leadership role, we also have to be able to work with different teams and groups of people. We look at and work with behaviours, culture and think about how to encourage positive change.||Thursday 24 June 2021, 9.30am-1pm|
|6||Strategy, vision and goals||Thinking about how to maintain and implement what has been learned on the programme and the network that has been built.||Monday 12 July 2021, 9.30am-1pm|
If you are a participant registered on the programme or have previously completed the programme, you can access the Leaders in Teaching resources online via the programme Canvas space.
How can I apply for the Leaders in Teaching programme?
To apply for a place on the programme, please complete the online application form. Applications must be submitted by 9pm, Thursday 21 January 2021.
Please note that places on the programme are limited and will be allocated across the three Faculties. All applications will be reviewed by a panel and the outcome will be communicated to applicants via email week commencing Monday 01 February 2021.