Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet

University travel insurance

The provision of University Travel insurance is subject to the journey being approved by the traveller’s School or equivalent operational unit.

The Travel insurance includes cover for travel to some potentially dangerous parts of the world and covers some hazardous activities. Travellers must ensure that they have an up-to-date assessment of any health and safety or other risks that their trip may expose them to. 

If travellers need confirmation of cover for visa applications etc. they should contact the Insurance Office, providing details of their full name, ID Number, School or unit, destination(s) and period of absence from the UK.

Travellers should check with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Foreign Travel Advice.

Further information on risk assessments toolkit  is available from Safety Service.