Goods in transit
The University’s Goods in Transit Insurance provides cover for loss or damage in the following situations:
- Movement of University owned equipment to and from University buildings used in fieldtrips, research projects, exhibitions or equipment sent away for repair, including temporarily storage at its destination for up to 3 months.
- Movement of University owned equipment between University buildings.
- One-way journey of University owned equipment which is newly acquired or permanently removed for which the University is responsible.
- Non-University owned equipment for which the University is responsible (as stated in contract agreement) whilst being transported to and from the University and whilst temporarily stored at the University for up to 3 months.
This policy excludes the cover of any property that is not transported at the University‘s risk.
Responsibility of the Managers:
- Managers are required to complete a Goods-in-transit form and return the form to the Insurance Office prior to shipping.
- All goods must be packed and stored using appropriate methods having regard for the nature of the goods involved and the method of transport.
Further information on coverage, exclusions, excesses and claim procedure can be found at: