Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Search the Staffnet siteSearch StaffNet
Search type

Goods in transit

Cover for loss of, or damage to:
  • University property whilst being transported from and to the University and whilst temporarily away from University;
  • The property of others for which the University is responsible whilst being transported to and from the University and whilst temporarily in the care of the University;
  • Property being moved between University buildings.
Property covered includes equipment and materials used for field trips, research projects and exhibitions, equipment sent away for repair, etc.

The cover also includes the property whilst at its destination; except that property permanently removed or acquired is only covered in transit.

Goods purchased "ex works" (or otherwise) for which the University is responsible whilst they are being delivered to the University are covered.  This means that, in most cases, there is no need to pay for additional insurance cover for such goods whilst being delivered to the University.

Note that the property of others that is not transported at the Universiy's risk is not covered whilst in the care of the University.

For further details visit:
For a printable summary of the goods-in-transit cover (including  a checklist of exclusions and limitations) visit:
Please note that where goods are being transported by University staff those staff must be informed of, and understand, the security requirements detailed in the specification of goods in transit cover.