1. If, for whatever reason, you do not understand the request for information being made.
2. The request appears to be for more information than you think you can realistically handle.
3. You feel that you might wish to hold back some or all of the information requested.
4. You cannot locate some or all of the information being requested.
5. The information being requested requires coordinating across the University (e.g. across Schools/Faculties/Directorates).
6. You are concerned that responding to the request may take more than the 20 day maximum allowed.
7. You suspect that the same or similar request is repeatedly being made by the same person.
8. The request includes personal data, either of the requester or a third party.
9. The request includes confidential or commercially sensitive information.
10. Any other Freedom of Information concerns that you have.
Information Governance Office
G6 Christie Building
The University of Manchester
Tel: +44(0)161 275 7789