Student Support Hubs are making support services more consistent and accessible for students both on and off campus.
There are 12 Hubs - one in each School for taught students and an additional Doctoral Academy Support Hub in each Faculty for postgraduate researchers. Hubs are open for in-person support 9am-5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays and University closure days).
Colleagues referring students / enquiries to Hubs can see the locations and contact details here.
Services available at Hubs
- General help and support: e.g. registration, wellbeing and welfare, student communities, careers, accommodation, etc. Where necessary, colleagues will signpost students to other services / teams.
- Practical services: e.g. requesting letters and documents.
- Student cards: Replacement cards are now available at the Hub in Alan Turing Building (as well as the Student Support Centre). We hope all Hubs will be able to offer this service by October.
In this first phase of Hubs, we’re aiming to provide consistent services and opening times at all locations. Colleagues have transitioned to new roles and structures, and they are working on new systems and processes to manage enquiries more effectively. Hubs will continue to develop over the coming months and years:
- Permanent locations: By autumn 2023, all Hubs should be in their permanent homes (some are currently in temporary sites or are due to be refurbished over summer).
- Digital / online Hubs: Making it clearer and easier for taught students and PGRs to find information and access support services online.
- Systems and processes: Further improvements so we can more effectively manage cases.