May SEP Leaders Update
31 May 2021
Each month, student experience leaders deliver an update on SEP to their teams. May's update can be found below.
- Cohort 1 (student marketing and recruitment and applications and admissions) transition activities are now underway, as reported in last month’s pack.
- Cohort 2 (‘teaching, learning, student experience and Campus Life’, ‘postgraduate research’, ‘student communications and engagement’ and ‘widening participation) proposed grade 6+ structures are now being finalised. The Programme team and Student Experience Leaders are working closely to ensure the finalised designs address areas of concern from staff feedback, including:
- Specialist requirements across Schools
- PGR services (particularly where proposals represent significant change to current arrangements)
- Shape of teams within the Directorate for the Student Experience
- Clarifying business partnerships
- Further clarifying how Student Hubs will operate
- Once proposals have been finalised, we’ll enter a period of formal consultation (expected late July) where you can provide further feedback. Further changes to Cohort 1 proposals were made in response to feedback given during their formal consultation.
- We are focussing our communications materials on topics you told us you wanted to hear more about. For example: this month’s cascade focuses on getting from ‘A’ to ‘B’ (business readiness, transition and training). Next month we will focus on the technology and release plan and explain in more detail how your feedback is shaping design.
- Read the full update here.