The Centre for Higher Education Research, Innovation and Learning (CHERIL) is based in the Teaching and Learning Support Office (TLSO).
The broad aims of the Centre are
- To provide the University with advice on developments in teaching and learning.
- To conduct original, rigorous educational research into pedagogy, policy and practice in higher education.
- To encourage inquiry into practice in higher education teaching.
- To engage with day to day academic teaching practice at the University.
- Administer grant funding and awards related to teaching excellence and innovation.
- Facilitate a network of teaching excellence champions.
- Promote teaching excellence at our events and conferences.
- Publish on teaching excellence through a CHERIL internal journal (coming soon)
- Develop master classes to support the development of teaching.
- Curate a library of teaching excellence resources.
- Professor Stephanie Marshall: Honorary Professor of Higher Education at the University of Manchester
- Professor Clive Agnew: Vice President for Teaching, Learning and Students
- Professor Kersti Börjars: Associate Vice President for Teaching, Learning and Students
- Professor Richard Reece: Associate Vice President for Teaching, Learning and Students
- Professor Cathy McCrohan: Director of the University College for Interdisciplinary Learning
- Dr Steve Jones: Director of Postgraduate Research (SEED)
- Dr Drew Whitworth: Director of Teaching and Learning (MIE/SEED)
- Dr Lynne Bianchi: Director of SEERHI (FSE)
- Katie Woolfenden: Head of Teaching, Learning and Students (the University of Manchester Library)
- Louise Walmsley: Director of Teaching and Learning Support (TLSO)
- Professor Pam Vallely: Academic Director, Distance Learning
- Professor Judith Williams: Chair in Academic enhancement and Deputy Associate Dean (BMH)
- Professor Caroline Bowsher: Deputy Associate Dean (BMH)
- Professor Danielle George: Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Jonathan Winter: Head of Learning and Development
- Patricia Clift-Martin: Teaching and Learning Manager (TLSO)
- Olivia Meisl: Education Officer Students Union
If you would like to join our mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address.