The Division of Teaching and Learning Delivery (TLD) is based within the Student and Academic Services (SAS), part of the Directorate for the Student Experience (DSE).
We work closely with the Vice-President (Teaching, Learning and Students), Associate Vice-Presidents, Vice Deans and with Faculties, Schools and other administrative offices.
We provide advice, support, and project management for strategic institutional projects related to teaching, learning and the student experience.
We manage the University level stages of Student Appeals and Complaints and liaise with the Office of the Independent Adjudicator, the General Counsel’s office, Faculties, Schools and other administrative offices to ensure that reasonable decisions have been made for those students pursuing appeals and complaints, and that any such appeals and complaints have been handled properly through the consistent application of regulations and policies.
We develop policies and procedures that underpin the effective delivery of teaching and learning activities across the University (including Degree Apprenticeships), working with partners in Faculties and Schools to ensure consistent implementation. We maintain links with external bodies such as the Quality Assurance Agency, the Office of the Independent Adjudicator and the Higher Education Academy.
We also manage timetabling, exam scheduling and delivery of the main University exam periods.
Taught Programme Enhancement
We help to ensure the quality of teaching, learning and assessment within the University by overseeing the University's quality framework and managing the University's interactions with the Quality Assurance Agency. The quality framework is a set of policies and processes relating specifically to the assurance of teaching quality. Teaching and learning enhancement relates to developmental/enhancement work carried, stemming from individual projects, ad hoc reviews and emerging priorities.
List of TLD staff contacts
Head of Teaching and Learning Delivery
- Janine Holdway – email: email@example.com
PA to Professor April McMahon
- Nicola Hamer – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy and Degree Apprenticeships
- Siobhan Cartwright (Teaching and Learning Manager, Degree Apprenticeships) - email: email@example.com
- Miriam Graham (Teaching and Learning Adviser, Policies and Procedures) – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellie Powell (Teaching, Learning and Student Experience Administrator, Policy and Procedure) - email: email@example.com
Appeals, Complaints and Discipline
- Jenny Gradwell (Teaching and Learning Manager, Appeals, Complaints and Discipline) - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Hewitt (Appeals, Complaints and Discipline Officer) – email: Kevin.Hewitt@manchester.ac.uk
- Fiona Hallard (Policy, Appeals and Complaints Coordinator) - email: Fiona.Hallard@manchester.ac.uk
Taught Programme Enhancement (including collaborative/validated provision and External Examiners) and Development/Surveys
- Jo Hicks (Teaching and Learning Manager, Programmes) – email: email@example.com
- Angela Entwistle (Teaching and Learning Officer) – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Tyson (Teaching and Learning Officer) - email: Rebecca.Tyson@manchester.ac.uk
- Stephen Luddington (Acting Teaching and Learning Coordinator) – email: Stephen.email@example.com
- Harriet Lander (Teaching, Learning and Student Experience Administrator, Programme Enhancement) - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Beresford-Jones (Higher Education Adminstration Intern) - email: email@example.com
Timetabling and Exams
Head of Scheduling
- Paul Brierley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chris Mason (email@example.com)
- John Hornsby (Scheduling Analyst) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mohammad Atiq (TLSE Coordinator (Scheduling)) (email@example.com)
- Rita Dowdall (TLSE Administrator (Scheduling)) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jill Antonie (Assessment, Scheduling and Processes Officer) -email: (email@example.com)
- Michele Botham (TLSE Coordinator, Assessment, Scheduling & Processes) - email: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Joseph Flynn (TLSE Administrator, Assessment, Scheduling & Processes) - email: (email@example.com)
- Abigail Cummins (TLSE Administrator, Assessment, Scheduling & Processes) - email: (firstname.lastname@example.org)