Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender Staff Network Group (ALLOUT)
ALLOUT - The Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender Staff Network Group
The group was relaunched in February 2010 and renamed ALLOUT in 2013.
ALLOUT is fully inclusive and welcomes all Lesbian,Gay, Bisexual, Trans, non binary staff as well as anyone who may have an interest or wish to support colleagues, friends and relatives. We also encourage those with 'multiple identities' or people questioning their sexual orientation to find out more and to join in the work and activities of ALLOUT.
We run a confidential mailing list as well as organising different events at relevant points throughout the year. As well as being consulted on policy development and review, the group can contribute to the equality, diversity and inclusion leadership committee where any issues affecting LGBT staff can be put forward. Members of staff (whether formally a member of the group or not) can contact the chair for confidential support and advice on any LGBT issue. The group's Terms of Reference can be seen in the following document:
You can join the confidential mailing list by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 2020: Pride activities - more details on our dedicated Pride pages
May 2020: Our IDAHOBIT activiites moved online with a documentary screening and social event. We also produced a page of resources
February 2020: We had a full timetable for LGBT History Month
December 2019: Plenty happening for World AIDS Day - more details in this article
November 2019: We're working with St Peter's House, MMU and The UoMTrans campaign on an event for TDOR
September 2019: We produced a new page for BiVisibility Day
Forthcoming Events & Activities
TDOR - once again we will collaborate with St Peter's House and the UoM Trans campign to deliver a respectful event commemorating those who have lost their lives due to transphobia. The event is free and booking can be made here:
Additionally Stonewall have their own event the day after which peole may also be interested in:
Next Meeting - The next meeting is Thursday 10 December at 4pm and will be followed by a social event. This will take place on Zoom - please respond to the Outlook invite to be included.
Stonewall - Find out the latest on our dedicated Stonewall Page
The Proud Trust - discover more about the work of our 'community partner' and work we'll be doing with them on our new pages
The LGBT Network Group produces a regular newsletter/weekly digest - they are archived in the Newsletter Section.
- 2016: Digests Jan & Feb 2016 - Digests Mar & Apr 2016 - Digests May & Jun 2016 - Digests Jul & Aug 2016
- 2015: Weekly digests March 2015 - Weekly digests April 2015 - Weekly digests May 2015 - Weekly Digests June 2015 - Weekly digest July/August - Weekly digests Sept/Oct 2015 - Weekly Digests Nov/Dec 2015
- 2014: Issue 12 (January 2014) - Issue 13 (June 2014) Issue 14 (December 2014)
- 2013: Issue 10 (June 2013) - Issue 11 (August 2013)
- 2012: Issue 6 (February 2012) - Issue 7 (May 2012) - Issue 8 (August 2012) - Issue 9 (December 2012)
- 2011: Issue 4 (March 2011) - Issue 5 (August 2011)
- 2010: Issue 1 (May 2010) - Issue 2 (July 2010) - Issue 3 (October 2010)
LGBT and Religion
You can read a message from Chaplain Rev Ben Edson here.
If you have any questions, please mail: