We’ve taken action on…flexible working
You told us through the ‘What works? Survey’ all about the benefits of working flexibly. Flexible working describes any working arrangements where the number of hours worked or the time or place that work is undertaken vary from standard practice.
You said you wanted more flexibility in the future and that flexible working options should be available to all staff - regardless of role or grade.
Here’s how we used your feedback to shape our sector-leading approach to flexible working:
- Colleagues are now able to apply for flexible working from day one of their employment rather than having to work at the University for 26 weeks before being able to apply.
- Flexible working is available to all colleagues, regardless of grade or role, and includes options to change work patterns, work condensed hours, job shares, or annualised hours.
- We’ve increased temporary flexible working periods from one month to three months so you can make short-term changes.
- Managers must respond to all flexible working requests within one month.
Fact: 60% of new starters since 2021 said they were attracted to work here by our flexible working offer.
Your thoughts make a difference – take time to fill out the Staff Survey 2022
The Staff Survey is the most effective way of measuring how you feel about working here, what you enjoy and which areas you think need improvement.
By completing the Staff Survey, you give us a clear picture of what it’s like to work here, and where and how improvements can be made. Whether your feedback is good or bad - your answers are invaluable and helps us to make our University a better place to work.
- For more information visit our Staff Survey site.