PS Operational Priorities
Our vision here at the University of Manchester is to be one of the best in the world. As such we’re constantly striving to be better at what we do so we can have a greater impact on research, student experience and wider society.
Here you can discover more about the priorities for the PS for 2019/20 and learn about the steps we are taking towards our vision.
In enabling change and shaping the future we are building a better service and experience and developing skills for the future. This may mean simplifying and standardising our processes, improving our ways of working, or making key investments as in our current portfolio of change projects.
Our key PS priorities in 2019/20 are summarised below:
- Refresh and begin to embed the University’s values
- Deliver effective ways of engaging staff, students and alumni on a frequent and flexible basis, to include the launch of the new University vision, enhanced student engagement and staff survey action plan
- Further refining governance (e.g. governance of change)
- Delivery of the SLP, ensuring that changes in process and technology align with changes in structures
- My Manchester – full rollout
- Delivery of ELP process improvements re online expenses and manager self-service
- Delivery and implementation of in-flight RLP projects, launch next tranche of RLP projects, develop 2020/21 business case and pass through governance
- Engagement of third party to support development and delivery of the broader transformation programme
- Define the basis for funding the new strategic plan
- Meet the 2019/20 budget targets including any mitigating actions required by the changing funding landscape
- To deliver mitigating actions as required by any change in the funding landscape in order to retain a long term cash position above £100m
- Confirm plan for digital innovation and the associated investment required
- Delivery of IT and Estate milestones (including IT Modernisation, MECD, North Campus)
- Operationalising the staff and student wellbeing strategy, EDI priorities, colleague development, succession, talent et al