PS Operational Priorities
Our vision here at the University of Manchester is to be one of the best in the world. As such we’re constantly striving to be better at what we do so we can have a greater impact on research, student experience and wider society.
Here you can discover more about the priorities for the PS for 2018/19 and learn about the steps we are taking towards our vision.
In enabling change and shaping the future we are building a better service and experience and developing skills for the future. This may mean simplifying and standardising our processes, improving our ways of working, or making key investments as in our current portfolio of change projects.
Our key PS priorities in 2018/19 are:
- Development of the next strategic vision and plan
- Develop our people and enhance performance, including through engagement, delivery of leadership and management development, and career support for technicians
- Complete REF readiness assessment and establish code of practice
- Ensure compliance with all existing and new requirements and obligations (GDPR, OfS, KEF, Data Futures et al)
- Deliver mock subject level TEF exercise
- Develop and launch new student and staff wellbeing strategy and plan
- Improve representation of BAME staff at all levels by implementing initiatives to support better recruitment, development and progression
- Progress with simplification, standardisation and defined initiatives – supported by the progression of the IT strategy – to meet our overall £15m savings target by 2020/21 (key drivers of benefits include Student Lifecycle Project, IT Modernisation, Demand and Category Management)
- Deliver Estates masterplan milestones including progressing north campus plans
- Deliver the project portfolio to transform PS, the key elements of which include Student Lifecycle Project, IT Modernisation, FSE Review, Employee Lifecyle, Research Support Review (full portfolio available from PMO)
PS Directors have produced some short videos detailing the key priorities in more detail and two posters have been created to enable conversations within teams:
Please share and discuss with your team to help identify how you as individuals and groups will work together to support these priorities.