Student Experience Surveys
Student Survey Status Update
16 February 2018
- NSS launched on 29 January and will run until 29 April 2018
- PTES will launch on 5 March and run until 13 May 2018
- PRES will not run this year
University of Manchester Student Survey Strategy
The University participates in a number of sector wide student experience surveys each year. These demonstrate our commitment to listening to the student voice and the results are used to promote quality enhancement, thus ensuring we deliver the best possible experience for our students.
To avoid survey fatigue, we aim to ensure that no student is asked to complete more than one such survey in any academic year.
2017-18 Student Experience Surveys
- NSS: Final Year Undergraduates: 29 January - 29 April 2018
- PTES: Postrgraduate taught: 5 March - 12 May 2018
- PRES: Postgraduate researchers: 3 April - 13 May 2018
- Semester 1, 4 December 2017 - 5 Jan 2018
- Semester 2, 16 April - 11 May 2018
Your Say for Your Uni
Completion of the surveys is promoted in one overarching year-long campaign, targeted to the relevant audiences. It will offer a simple message that student feedback is an essential part of University life and will have a real impact on the student experience.
Help us to get the best out of Surveys
A key element of the campaign is encouraging feedback by demonstrating how the University has listened to past responses and used them as ways of making tangible differences to university life.
Please send in your stories and examples of local initiatives and improvements that have been made in response to student feedback to email@example.com.
For more information on this, and any general queries about 'Your Say for Your Uni', please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results from Previous Surveys
Available as management information on the Planning Support Office Website; University of Manchester credentials required.