Payroll Giving Scheme
Our Payroll Giving Scheme enables you to donate to your favourite charity on a regular or one-off basis by automatic deductions from your monthly pay.
A monthly gift of £5 from your take-home pay to your chosen charity will be automatically boosted to £6.25 for a 20% rate tax payer and £8.33 for a 40% rate tax payer. This means your charity receives your donation, but also the amount that you’d normally pay in tax at no extra cost to you. Giving this way helps your charity receive regular financial support and helps smaller charities in particular, as many do not have the resource to claim back Gift Aid.
Donate now via your pay using our Payroll Giving link
It's easy to sign up. You just need:
- Your NI & Staff ID number
- The name, address & Charity Reg No* (*if available) of your charity
- Sign up via our Payroll Giving link
Due to the generosity of staff the University received the Payroll Giving Quality Mark Bronze Award in 2015 and 2016.
- 10 Facts About Payroll Giving
- What is payroll giving? Watch a video.
- Download our table that shows how your donations are boosted using payroll giving.
- The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) has a guide to savvy charitable giving to help you decide how to make contributions to charity in a way that best suits you.