Support available from LEAP
As part of the LEAP you will have access to a wide range of support including workshops, online resources and the LEAP peer support and mentor scheme. This support is designed to help you plan, write and submit your LEAP application and to help you reflect on your achievements in teaching and learning.
LEAP pathway workshops
The LEAP pathway workshops are designed to help you to reflect on your teaching and learning practice and to develop your LEAP application. During the workshops you will:
- explore the fellowship criteria and UK Professional Standards Framework (PSF) in more detail - please note we will continue to use the UKPSF 2011 until 1st September 2024
- have the opportunity to discuss your application and evidence with peers who are also applying for the same category of fellowship
- gain an understanding of the LEAP application and assessment process.
Book to attend a pathway workshop:
- LEAP to Associate Fellow and Fellow workshop
- LEAP to Senior Fellow workshop
- LEAP to Principal Fellow workshop
We highly recommend attending a LEAP pathway workshop where possible.
Peer support groups
Peer support groups are groups of up to eight colleagues from across the University who are also working on their fellowship application. Those in peer support groups help support one another to develop their LEAP applications by sharing ideas, offering feedback and advise and motivating one another towards submitting. Working in peer support groups also provides you with the opportunity to connect with colleagues from different backgrounds across the University and to share good practice and experience in teaching and learning.
LEAP Yammer Group
The LEAP Yammer group is an online peer support group open to all LEAP participants. The group provides an opportunity for all participants to connect with colleagues from across the University who are also working on their LEAP application. The group is moderated by the LEAP team who are active in the group to offer advice, answer questions and share top tips and key information.
The LEAP online resource has been designed to support you with your LEAP application at any time that suits you. You will be given access to the LEAP online resource once you have registered on the LEAP. On the resource you'll find:
- Examples of past applications
- Downloadable templates for you to use in your application
- Blogs and top tips from alumni
- Advice, guidance and useful links to help you with different aspects of the application.
The Institute of Teaching and Learning blog, TEA: Teach, Explore, Apply, features blog posts from LEAP alumni offering advice and reflecting on their own experiences of applying for AdvanceHE fellowship.
LEAP Mentors and Champions