Timetable data collection process
Timetables will not be rolled over. Requirements and constraints will be gathered afresh each year.
- View the Transition, Data Capture and Scheduling Timeline here.
- View slides here outlining how the process will flow.
Guidance and responsibilities
- T&L colleagues will provide the requirements for teaching to School Programme & Curriculum/PGR Services teams during the first quarter of the calendar year each year. Data collection will begin in January 2023, and the deadline for Schools/PGR Services to submit timetable activity data and course compatibility data to Faculty Scheduling teams will be Friday 17 March 2023.
- Specific days and times for taught activities don’t need to be stated unless exceptional circumstances apply e.g. external factors such as someone external to the University with limited availability teaching the course.
- Course unit leads will be responsible for providing accurate information to their School’s Programme and Curriculum Team or PGR Services colleagues about the structure and pedagogy of their course(s) by the published deadline.
- Course unit leads will be asked annually to provide School/PGR teams with a definitive view of a course unit.
- Programme Directors/Director of UG/PGT may be asked to provide information on which units cannot clash to inform timetable scheduling:
- Essential combinations of units that must work together
- Where programmes offer a lot of choice, consider common sensible patterns of course units