Name: Research Ethics
Place in structure:
Address: Room 2.004
John Owens Building
University of Manchester
Building 48 on campus map (opens in a new window)
Phone: 0161 275 2046/2206
- Supporting the procedures for the ethical review of research;
- Maintaining records of all research projects involving ethical review;
- Providing advice on all matters concerning research ethics.
- To arrange meetings of the Senate Research Ethics Committee, to prepare valid and completed applications and to advise applicants of the ethical opinions reached by the Committee.
- To maintain records of ethical opinions given by any recognized Research Ethics Committee on any research project for which a member of the University is responsible
- To liaise with the University Procurement Office concerning insurance arrangements for relevant research projects.
- To provide advice and guidance on the preparation of applications for ethical review, and on good ethical practice in research.
- To play a lead role in developing research ethics policy and procedures, and encouraging good ethical practices and processes.
- To conduct training and awareness sessions across the University in research ethics.