Name: Head of Faculty Estates - Life Sciences and Medical and Human Sciences
Place in structure:
Address: Room 5.007
Carys Bannister Building
The University of Manchester
Phone: 0161 275 4238
The Faculty Estates Team is a small team of Estates professionals who work within the Faculty. This enables us to understand your business better and ensure the solutions we deliver are tailored to your needs.
The Estates Team manages approximately 40,000 square metres of space spread over ten different buildings for the Faculty of Life Sciences and approximately 57,000 square metres of space spread over eleven different buildings on campus and 25 different buildings off campus for the Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences Responsibilities range from arranging for the changing of light bulbs to ensuring Faculty involvement in erecting and equipping multi-million pound, state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities.
The services we offer are:
- Providing advice and a point of liaison on all aspects of the Estates provision, both strategically and operationally;
- House services, portering, cleaning, security, emergency support;
- Ensuring our customers are aware of the wide range of services offered by the Directorate of Estates;
- Working on behalf of our customers to define and achieve agreed levels of satisfaction in regard to the services provided;
- Monitoring the quality of service delivery by Estates colleagues and external service providers;
- Establishing long term maintenance and small works premises upgrading programmes;
- Space management; analysis, review, advice and guidance on other areas of estates provision;
- Landscaping, waste disposal;
- Project and Major development works;
- Minor works;
- Long-term maintenance;
- Estates elements of Funding applications and statistical returns.