Name: Transaction Services
Place in structure:
Address: Room G.024
John Owens Building
University of Manchester
Building 48 on campus map (opens in a new window)
Phone: 0161 275 8852
Website: Transaction Services Website
The Section is responsible for:
- maintaining the University's financial records in accordance with the University's Financial Regulations, and external compliance requirements;
- support for users of the Oracle Financials, Campus Solutions, and related systems;
- the payment of staff salaries, fees and travel and entertaining expenses;
- Treasury operations, cash receipts, and payments to suppliers;
- credit control and sales ledger administration.
The teams dealing with these operational areas, all of which are based in the John Owens Building, are as follows:
The Transaction Services section is concerned with maintaining and reporting externally on the complete and accurate financial records of the University.
This includes ensuring that finance staff are entering transactions promptly and accurately onto the finance ledger, and that this information is made accessible on a timely basis to its users.
It also seeks to ensure that all staff within the University are adhering to the Financial Regulations and following the prescribed Financial Procedures, and staff will provide advice and help to departments as needed in these areas.
In addition, the section offers advice and support on accounting for fixed assets, and decisions concerning whether purchases are capital or revenue in nature, general finance coding questions, and month end and year end processes.