Staff involved in Teaching and Learning
This section contains information on career development guidance, tips and opportunities for staff involved in teaching and learning at the University.
University Wide T&L Development Opportunities
Information on University wide event and resources to support Academic focussed Teaching and Learning staff.
Resources available to support Academic Advisors in their role.
Biology, Medicine and Health
The Centre for Academic and Researcher Development offers a variety of face-to-face training programmes and development opportunities for postgraduate students, research and academic staff.
Academic staff can also access eLearning support and resources.
The Faculty offers a number of training opportunities for postgraduate, teaching and research staff to help them with their personal and professional progression.
Academics have access to training and resources specific to eLearning:
Science and Engineering
Academic Support, Teaching Innovation and Development offer a number of programmes, resources and opportunities for FSE postgraduate and academic staff.
Academic staff can also get support and training on eLearning.
At the university:
- PG Certificate in Higher Education – a University delivered programme to develop your effectiveness in your role
- Advance HE (formerly HEA) - for teacher training, fellowship and events
- Sixty Second Skills – short videos from university staff to develop your skills
Resources for teaching and learning
From the university:
- My Learning Essentials - the Library’s award-winning student skills support programme
- Academic Advising Toolkit – resources and information to support academic advisors
- Distance Learning – support for Distance Learning programmes
- Learn Higher - teaching and learning resources for Higher Education