Business engagement support team
Bridging the gap between academia and industry
Successful organisations need a constant supply of fresh thinking, new solutions and talented people to thrive in today’s highly competitive global environment and to anticipate future challenges.
Universities with a strong research base are hotbeds of innovation, expertise and creativity, generating a wealth of knowledge that can be applied to real-world problems.
What we do?
Our aim is simple: to put researchers with great ideas in touch with organisations that can use them.
The Business Engagement Support Team supports a range of activities including research projects, consultancy, knowledge exchange, sharing facilities, professional development and recruiting talent. Find out more about how we work.
What can we do for you?
We can help you forge mutually beneficial partnerships with external organisations that will:
- Add real-world impact to your research
- Allow you to test and refine your ideas in a non-academic environment
- Generate interesting research challenges
- Help you commercialise your ideas
- Provide access to commercial date and/or proprietary compounds and products
- Utilise under-used equipment and facilities
- Develop relationships with local, regional and international organisations
- Improve your reputation and professional standing
- Give your students excellent opportunities for placements, employment and personal development.
- Open up new funding streams.
This website should give you all the information you need, whether you are new to Business Engagement and want some tips on getting started, or are looking for ways to strengthen your existing external partnerships or develop new ones.
For further information and expert advice please contact the BEST team.
"Our work must have an impact beyond academia and yield economic, social and cultural benefits whenever the opportunity arises."
- Research Support Strategy