DSE – Student and Academic Services
- The new Division of Student and Academic Services draws together teams aligned with the student journey, in to one collaborative Division:
- Access, Student Employability, Success & Development - including outreach, peer support, targeted interventions, volunteering, Welcome Induction and Transition, Careers advice, employer engagement and Stellify
- Education Development - including the University College for Interdisciplinary Learning, Institute of Teaching and Learning, University of Manchester Worldwide operations, Ethical Grand Challenges, Continuing Professional Development and Digital Learning
- Teaching and Learning Delivery - including academic appeals, student complaints, programme enhancement, academic policy, quality assurance, student surveys and engagement, scheduling and the Collaborative Provision Framework and Degree Apprenticeships
- Student Admissions and Administrations - a wide range of processes and procedures, principally within student admissions, student immigration, student finance and other student administrative processes
- Business Improvement Support and Delivery - out of scope of SEP
- New team structures creates greater standardisation, consistency and space for growth and future scaling.
- The Division will provide greater connectivity between the Divisions, Directorates, Schools and Faculties to make sure we are joined-up, working with the same priorities and objectives in mind.
- We will be members of multiple Communities of Practice across the University, working alongside School and Faculty teams.
- The Division will work in collaboration and partnership with our students.
- This will support access to higher education, all students to fulfil their potential, succeed at university and progress into positive graduate outcomes.
See the staff briefing presentation, including full details of the new structures
Read job descriptions for roles in the new structures