Martin Harris Centre Spring 2019 season now on sale
14 Jan 2019
Welcome to the spring 2019 season at the Martin Harris Centre.
Welcome to the brand new season of events at the Martin Harris Centre. We have a diverse programme lined up for you this spring, including many free events.
- The season launches with a week-long Quatuor Danel concerts as part of the Weinberg cycle, which runs alongside the Weinberg Conference.
- Join us for free concerts as part of the Walter Carroll Lunchtime Concert Series with a varied programme of events. The Thursday lunchtime concerts are free and there is no need to book, so you can just turn up on the day and enjoy the music!
- We have a packed literature offering this season including events showcasing a number of renowned writers including Tracey Thorn, Valeria Luiselli, Cathleen Miller and more. Take a look at our full Literature listings.
- This spring also sees a superb drama schedule including The Adhesion of Love, Written by multi-award winning playwright Stephen M Hornby. The production, which is a story of a working-class man who journeys from Victorian Bolton across the Atlantic to meet visionary queer American poet, Walt Whitman, only to discover a surprising new kind of love. The production forms part of LGBT History Month 2019.
- To celebrate International Women’s Day we will host a Manchester University Music Society concert as part of Musica, a special week-long festival celebrating all aspects of female music making, including composition, performance and conducting.
- The season culminates with the MUMS ESTIVAL event, which is their unique equivalent to the proms! They pack eight concerts into four days so join them if you can. Last but not least we welcome the Gorton Philharmonic Orchestra Concert in July who are performing a concert to raise funds in for The Christie.
Tickets for the spring 2019 season are now on sale and can be purchased online via Quaytickets, in person or by calling the Martin Harris Centre Box Office during opening times.
These are just a few highlights, to see the full programme, download our brochure now:
We look forward to seeing you at the Martin Harris Centre.
Martin Harris Centre Manager