Disability Confident Guaranteed Interview Scheme
The University is a Disability Confident employer, committed to interviewing all disabled applicants who meet all of the essential criteria set out in the person specification.
The Disability Confident symbol is included in all internal and external vacancy advertisements and is one way in which we can promote the University to disabled applicants.
If someone has applied to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme and they meet all of the essential criteria, they must be offered an interview.
- Applicants will be asked when they make an online application to confirm whether they wish to take part in this positive action initiative.
- People and OD Operations will confirm to the Recruiting manager the names of any applicants who have applied under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme
- This must not be made available to any other members of the short listing panel. The short listing panel will need to be made aware if there are any applications under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme, but will not be told the identity of the applicants.
- Once short listing has taken place recruiting managers must consider any applications made under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme and confirm decisions to People and OD Operations.
- Recruiting managers should ensure that any applicants under the scheme that meet the essential criteria for the post are included in the short list.
- When inviting candidates that may require reasonable adjustments to interview, the letter should explain that the candidate may wish to contact the Staff Disability Advisor if they have any queries about the scheme by:
- email: email@example.com
- Tel: 0161 275 8519
- Recruiting managers are requested to contact the Staff Disability Support Advisor or People and OD Operations to indicate the number of candidates who have been short listed and invited to interview under the scheme and who may contact them regarding support requirements.
- People and OD will record and monitor applicants to the Guaranteed Interview Scheme at application, shortlist, interview and offer stage. It is essential that recruiting managers confirm short-listing outcomes to People and OD Operations in a timely manner in order for this monitoring to take place.