Be part of the Purple Wave without running a step - volunteers needed
19 Feb 2019
The inaugural Manchester Universities 2k and 5k event is taking place next Wednesday, 27 February
Why not be part of the start to this year's Purple Wave? If you don't want to run, you can still join in as we are looking for a number of volunteers to help with the event.
Start time for all roles is 11.30am, with a briefing at Platt Fields Park. Finish expected to be around 3:30pm.
If you can only volunteer for some of the time that is fine, ideal start times would be :
- 11.30am, 12pm, 1:15pm, 2pm
To volunteer, please send an email to email@example.com stating:
- contact details (email and phone)
- requested start / finish time
- Route Marshals - we require volunteers to stand on the route at given points to direct the runners You will part of the purplewave team and may be asked to transfer and help with other roles as well.
- UoM Sport representative – we require volunteers to man the UoM Sport Marquee at the event - this will involve dealing with enquires and giving information You will part of the purplewave team and may be asked to transfer and help with other roles aswell.
- Handing out finishers' medals – we require volunteers to be at the finish line to hand out medals to all those who have taken part in the event.
- General Volunteers – we require volunteers to be on hand to help with general tasks which will make the event a success. Tasks will include: Meet and greet, giving directions, litter picking, giving information.
You will be part of the Purple Wave team and may be asked to transfer and help with other roles.