Reminder - end of January deadline for the RRE
16 Jan 2019
The University’s 2019 Research Review Exercise (RRE) is open until midnight on Thursday, 31 January 2019
What is the RRE?
The RRE is a review of outputs for all REF-eligible staff and will take place between January and June 2019. The RRE consists of peer review of these outputs, providing grades for the quality of key individual research outputs published since 1st January 2014, and the collection of information about research activities and impact.
What do I need to do?
There are two main components to RRE 2019:
- Updating your output selection to propose all outputs published since January 1st 2014 that you believe are likely to be judged internationally excellent (3*) or world-leading (4*)
- Updating your profile with your research activities and examples of impact arising from your research for the period January 2014 onwards.
1) Propose outputs
Please log into Pure and use the RRE tab to update your output selection by proposing all of the outputs that you believe are likely to be judged internationally excellent (3*) or world-leading (4*).
Some staff may not have any new outputs published since the last RRE to propose for review, and in these cases are simply checking their output record. We expect that most individuals will have fewer than six new outputs to submit. In exceptional cases we may not review every output submitted by an individual.
2) Update your activities and impact
Please update your ‘Activities’ and any ‘Impacts’ within PURE (please see further guidance). This information is incredibly valuable for the university and we particularly appreciate your time spent recording this.
You can also choose to make this information public on your external web profile. It is recognised that some staff will have little or nothing to report in these areas, depending on the focus and stage of their research.
Where can I find out more information?
For how-to guides and FAQs, please visit the RRE pages on StaffNet.
- For support about Pure more generally including updating your research profile, visit the Pure pages on StaffNet.
- Complete the RRE: log into Pure with your normal University username and password: Pure
If you have any questions about the RRE, please contact your relevant School contact.