Action on Race Equality in Higher Education event
16 Apr 2018
This event brings together a programme of activity that aims to illuminate the experiences of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff and students in higher education
Taking place on Monday, 23 April from 4:30pm until 6pm, you can choose to come to all of the activities or you can book individual tickets for the sessions you are interested in.
There will be an opportunity to:
- Find out what the BAME Staff Network has been doing and how you can get involved at their Network Showcase;
- Find out more about the Race Roots and Resistance Research Group at their launch event.
Individual sessions consider:
- Racism in the Workplace, delivered by Dr Stephen D. Ashe from the Centre on Dynamics of Ethnicity (CoDE)
- Absent from the Academy, a film screening and discussion on the absence of black professors in UK higher education, hosted by Nathan Edwards, the film's Director and Isabella Cox from the School of Law
- Why is My Curriculum White?, a film screening and discussion hosted by Isabella Cox from the School of Law and students from the University Diversity and Wellbeing Ambassador Programme
There will be canapes and drinks available from 4.30pm.