PGCert in Higher Education 2016/17
21 Jun 2016
Deadline approaching for academic staff and senior PSS colleagues to apply
The PGCert in Higher Education 2016/17 aims to help you think more critically about your contribution to the University, as well as to develop a better understanding of the sector-wide changes in the Higher Education landscape.
Dr Rebecca Farrington, a GP and Clinical Lecturer in Manchester Medical School, completed the Programme last academic year.
She said: “The PG cert in HE was a great way to mix with other academics and PSS from the wider university community.
“It gave me a broad outlook on Higher Education. The lecturers were knowledgeable, friendly and approachable. I felt I was able to tailor my learning to my needs and I was always able to access useful advice when I needed it. My confidence has grown and the course opened up new avenues of interest such as Widening Participation.”
The programme consists of 60 credits, and you are able to choose from six available 15-credit options:
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment in the Higher Education Context
- The Local Academic Culture of Higher Education: a ‘practice research’ approach
- The Changing Landscape of Higher Education
- Assessment and Feedback for Medical and Human Sciences
- Independent Higher Education Research Unit
- Open Knowledge and Higher education
The programme is free to University of Manchester staff. It should take you no longer than a few minutes to apply. The deadline for applications is 30 June 2016. We’ll let you know if you've been successful in early August.
For full details, visit: