Volunteers needed for food bank fundraising
06 Oct 2017
Manchester Central Food bank are looking for volunteers to help at a number of upcoming fundraising events
Two types of event are being planned for the coming weeks:
- Food Drives. Volunteering at the Food Drives involves collecting food and cash donations from customers at the relevant Tesco store. On the day we base ourselves in the lobby of the Tesco store and hand out foodbank 'shopping lists' to customers entering the store, we then collect any food/cash donations from customers as they leave.
- Piccadilly train station fundraising collection. The Piccadilly train station collections are cash collections only, so our volunteer teams will be based in the station, with foodbank collection buckets, to receive any cash donations from commuters in the station.
- Saturday, 7 October (Tesco Gorton Extra Food Drive 10am-4pm)
- Friday, 27 October (Piccadilly Train Station collection 7am-5pm)
- Saturday, 28 October (Tesco Prestwich Food Drive 10am-4pm)
- Friday 24th November (Piccadilly Train Station collection 7am-5pm)
- Thursday 30th November-Saturday 2nd December (Tesco Gorton & Quay Street Food Drives 10am-4pm)
While the events last all day, in terms of the Food Drives, people can volunteer for as little or as long as they like. In terms of the Piccadilly Collections, due to station rules around collections, we require volunteers to commit to one of the following three time slots (7am-11am; 11am-3pm; and 3pm-5pm).
Please note that the Food Bank can reimburse basic travel costs (e.g. bus/metrolink tickets) for volunteers attending any of the events too.