Planned outages to services this weekend, including some shared network drives
30 Jun 2015
Due to the Kilburn Building Data Centre move, we are expecting outages to some services from Friday 3 to Sunday 5 July
These services will be shut down at 5pm on the Friday and are expected to remain unavailable until Sunday evening.
You may know your shared network area as your "G: Drive", "S: Drive" or similar.
During this weekend, there will be outages on the following services
- Some shared network areas:
- ss1.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly FLS and MHS staff)
- ss2.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly Humanities staff)
- ss2a.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly Humanities staff)
- ss3a.ds.man.ac.uk (mainly FLS and MHS staff)
- EPS Condor service
- EPS Pi server
To confirm if you will be affected by the shared area outages, log in to a standard University Windows 7 PC and follow these instructions:
- Click the 'Start' menu and select 'Computer'
- Look in the 'Network Location' section of the window and find the shared drive(s) you normally use
- The server name will be listed next to the icon of your shared drive. If it matches one of the above four areas, you will be affected by the outages. See the screenshot on this page for an example of what a shared drive icon might look like.
This weekend's work does not affect your personal 'P:drive' storage; there will be outages on these from 17-19 July. There will also be outages on other shared network areas, with the date for these to be confirmed.
Further technical details will be posted on the Service Notification System over the weekend:
If you have any general enquiries about the Data Centre move, visit the Data Centre Move website or email the Data Centre Move project team.
For technical enquiries about this or any other IT Service, please contact the IT Support Centre: