Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer
Menu
Search the University of Manchester siteSearch Menu StaffNet

First iPad winner announced!

Dominic McCullagh wins iPad thanks to Staff Survey 2015 - complete your survey for your chance to win one too!

Dominic McCullagh with iPad

Dominic, who works in the School of Physics and Astronomy, was chosen at random from all of the people who have completed and submitted the Staff Survey 2015 since it opened on 9 March.

Capita, which is running the survey on the University’s behalf, will be choosing a winner each week the survey is live, from everyone who has completed the questionnaire.   So the sooner you submit your survey, the more chances you have of winning one of the five remaining iPads.

Dominic has worked in the School since 2007, when he joined the University as an apprentice. "I was one of the first batch of apprentices to be employed by the University in a long time," he said. "I completed my apprenticeship in 2011 and, for the last four years, I have worked as a Mechanical Technician here in the School. I am very happy with my role, which is extremely varied, involving the production of equipment and components for research and teaching experiments, as well as work for CERN, the European Space Agency and Jodrell Bank."

Since the Staff Survey 2013, Dominic feels that one of the most positive changes to emerge is improved communication within the School, thanks to support from the Head of School, Professor Stephen Watts.

And Dominic isn’t the only one to benefit from the Staff Survey 2013.

After completing the survey you can choose to make a £1 donation to one of the following charities:

  • The Christie
  • St Ann's Hospice
  • The Mustard Tree

There’s still time to complete the Staff Survey – it’s open until Monday, 20 April. You should have received an email from Capita on Monday, 9 March with a link to the survey – it will appear in your email inbox as:

  • From: Staff Surveys
  • Subject: University of Manchester Staff Survey 2015

If you can’t find it, call Capita on 0800 587 3115 and they will resend you the link.    If you don’t have email access at work, then your line manager will make sure you receive a paper copy of the survey to complete and return to Capita.