Are you returning from maternity or paternity or adoption leave?
14 Jan 2015
Come along to one of our lunchtime peer support group sessions
As part of the University commitment to Equality and Diversity and Wellbeing at Work the Staff Training and Development Unit and the Equality and Diversity Office are offering men and women returners from maternity, paternity or adoption leave the opportunity to join a peer support group.
The group will give you an opportunity to share you experiences and discuss any issues that you may have whilst balancing work and caring responsibilities.
Using Action Learning principles, colleagues will be encouraged to:
- Focus on real work-based issues;
- Reflect with peers and find workable solutions together;
- Try out new approaches and methods;
- Report back on the impact of actions taken.
Are you worried you might have returned too soon? Please feel free to take part in the group, to share experiences and advice with more recent returners. Parents returning from adoption leave are also welcome.
Aims and objectives
- Share their experiences and learn from each other;
- Discuss issues related to the balancing of work and caring responsibilities;
- Agree on any actions to take forward.
Participants are more than welcome to bring lunch along with them to the session.
Please book your place via the online training catalogue
If you have any problems with the booking system, please contact STDU