Brush up your IT skills
14 Aug 2014
In advance of the start of the new academic year, have you considered brushing up your IT Skills?
We run many free courses for staff, both classroom and on line courses, including:
- Microsoft Office (eg Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- University systems (eg Discoverer, Campus Solutions, Oracle Financials)
- Research Computing
Email the IT Services Training Team for further information.
Do you know any colleagues with very little knowledge of PCs?
We also run a course on Getting started with Computers, covering basic topics such as:
- How to use a mouse
- Getting to grips with icons, menus, windows etc
- Understanding/using the Start menu
- Creating/using files and folders
- Changing desktop settings
- Using the internet
If you know of any colleagues who would like to attend this course, please pass this information on to them, or ask them to speak to Salvatore Maffei in the IT Training team, on extension 65629. The next course is on the morning of Tuesday, 14 October.
Visit our website for more information on our courses.