Delivering a greater level of service
Modernising IT involves changing the way our people are organised and managed. We need to develop IT Services so it is fit for the future needs of The University of Manchester.
In order to deliver a greater level of service and advanced technologies we need to invest in our people, building capability and digital competency through upskilling.
The vision for the future of the University’s IT services will be:
- A modernised IT Team, delivering responsive and innovative digital services in support of the University ambitions for teaching, learning and research
- A team that can respond to a rapid changing external environment
- A department that builds trust and credibility for its services that are innovative, secure and deliver value
- The ability to simultaneously evolve existing ways whilst adding new techniques, tools and capabilities
- A professional delivery of services that enables excellent teaching, learning and research