LGBT History Month 2019
The theme for LGBT History Month 2019 is 'History: Peace, Reconciliation, Activism'.
We already have some events planned which include:
- 4th February 12.15pm-1.15pm: Introduced by Senior Champion Karen Heaton. Launch of LGBTHM with screening of Turner Prize winning 'BRIDGIT'. Venue: Training Room 3, 5th Floor Roscoe. Book your tickets here
- 6th February: The Rainbow Ride in conjunction with UMBUG. Cycle to work in your best rainbow outfit or just a pair of rainbow laces* and enjoy a free breakfast at Momento Eat Cafe in Royal Manchester Children's Hospital.
- 7th February: Time to Talk. We take mental health very seriously. Come and share your experiences or listen to others over tea, coffee and cake. Venue: Ambrose Room, St Peter's House. Full details here.
- 13th February 1-2pm LGBT and Wellbeing. Our History past, present and future. Learn and 'take notice'. Venue: Stopford Theatre 6, Stopford Building. Book your tickets here.
- 20th February 12.30-1.30: Personal Histories - It Gets Better. The launch of our 2019 podcast series with Gaydio's Emma Goswell and Christine Burnes MBE - hear personal stories and find out how you can tell your own. Introduced by Academic Lead for ED&I Rachel Cowen. Book your place here.
- 22nd February 12noon: The Rainbow Ramble. If running and cycling isn't for you, then enjoy a stroll around campus with MCRSTROLLERS. Meet under the arch at John Owens front quad.
- 28th February: The Rainbow Run in conjunction with UMRUN. Run to work in your best rainbow outfit or just a pair of rainbow laces* and enjoy a free breakfast.
- 28th February: 12.15pm Book Group - Fingersmith. Meet at The Proud Trust. Book your tickets here
- 28th February: Our annual social quiz. Register your interest and team here.
There is also be a full timetable of events hosted by the Student LGBTQ Society - staff are invited to join these too.
And this is what we achieved: