International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia
International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia is marked every year on May 17. You can find out more from the official website:
At the University we have celebrated this occasion since 2012 with different events. For 2021 we'll delivering our activities online and virtually.
Both ALLOUT members and Allies have been invited, but anyone can join in.
What else can I do?
- You could use one of our exclusive Zoom backdrops for your meetings on and around IDAHOBIT
- Tweet @UOMLGBT and #IDAHOBIT2020 with your favourite LGBT+ flag
- Learn about non-binary language
- update your email signature to include your pronouns
- Recruit a new ALLOUT ally
Wellbeing and Support
This year it's especially important to remind all staff about the excellent support we have for our LGBT+ community:
- ALLOUT members can be linked (confidentially) with other members to discuss any issues they wish - maybe you are struggling with an aspect of wellbeing, or embarking on a new challenge in your life - ask ALLOUT - our members come with a wealth of experiences.
- Our Counselling Service is fully inclusive across all the equality strands
- You can connect with a Wellbeing Champion at the University or join the Wellbeing Yammer Group
- You can report any incidences of bulling and harassment (which includes homophobia, biphobia and transphobia) using Report and Support