Taking an inclusive approach
The COVID-19 pandemic will have a disproportionate effect on many equality groups.
This page will summarise the actions we are taking as a team and direct you to relevant resources.
- the need for equality impact assessments on any processes related to COVID-19 and the University's actions (i.e. VS, compulsory redundancies)
- the need for action for particular groups of people who are now having to work from home
- suitable plans and assessments for different equality groups returning to work
- supported faculties with a survey to identify issues faced by individuals
- paper written for SLT about the impact of COVID-19 on different equality groups and presented to the EDI Governance Group (July 2020)
How you can help
Complete the University survey about your experiences:
Read an article and watch a video about the University’s COVID campaign:
Engage with the What Works campaign:
Find out what training and support is available to you as a line manager:
The University has a central page with all other issues related to COVID-19:
- University Coronavirus Pages
- Updated support Feb 2021
- Volunteering opportunities (Feb 2021)
- Risk Assessments (Feb 2021)
Returning to Campus
Staff who have been asked to return to work, but have concerns because they have an underlying health condition or live with someone who does, or for some other reasons, should consult the latest advice on our return to campus FAQs.
Leaving Campus (students)
Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) published a COVID-19 Recovery Insight Report This briefing provides insight into public and business opinion and behaviour that may help or hinder GM’s recovery from Covid-19, and our ambition to ‘Build Back Better’.
Greater Manchester Disabled People’s Panel Statement on Shileding has recently been published: GMDPP Statement
A series of sessions focussed on questions and cocnerns particular members of staff may have about the COVID-19 Vaccine. Forthcoming dates, registration links and transcripts of the sessions will be published here