0161 306 5859 (Internal 65859)
Sami’s main role is to interpret patterns in data to identify key areas were bias might be occurring as well as to build models which help in indicating solutions to and evaluate impact of current programmes across a number of areas.
Sami joined the team in 2017 after completing internship in the Directorate of Planning where he worked on student data analysis; university league tables’ analysis; student attainment and retention; and benchmarking. Prior to that Sami was a Masters student (International Political Economy) and an Undergraduate (Social Sciences-Philosophy and Politics) at the University of Manchester.
Currently Sami works on developing of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy priorities and actions, partners with RABE AHUA, AUA and the Directorate of Compliance and Risk as well as:
- Gender Pay Gap/Ethnic Pay Gap and Equal Pay Audit calculations
- In-depth analysis of of problems within recruitment process, which includes statistical analysis, supporting anonymous shortlisting pilots and developing actions
- Equality and Diversity analysis for Research Excellence Framework
- Assessment of impact of Learning and Development courses on staff progress
- Analysis for Athena SWAN, Race Equality Charter Mark and Stonewall
- Impact of student services on student attainment
- Development of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion PowerBI Dashboard as well as training on strategy and data literacy for University’s leadership
- Analysis and action recommendations for Annual Performance Reviews
The type of work conducted varies from general project management from data to actions; descriptive analysis; statistical analysis including correlation, regression models, machine learning and text mining; designing dashboards in Microsoft Power BI, Tableau and R.
You can see examples some of the projects here:
- Equality Information Report
- Impact Case Study Example: Investigating impact: Exploring the effect of ‘open’ support on student success
- Social Inclusion Dashboard (Tableau)
- Diversity of the UK and Greater Manchester Dashboard (R Studio)