Getting a story into the media
The News and Media Relations team are on hand to get your research covered by the media. If we feel that your research will be of interest to news outlets, we will work with you at every step of the process.
We will write the story for you, but we will need the following additional information:
- A suggested headline
- The key findings
- A bit of background about the area of research
- Why you decided to embark on your research
- What exactly you did, and when you did it
- What you discovered
- What this means - future predictions, recommendations for changes etc
- A quote from you (two or three lines) to use in the story
We can put together a press release and distribute it to journalists who may be interested in covering it. All press releases receive final sign-off by the staff member or student. We’ll also report back to you with your media and online coverage.
If your story concerns a research paper, please let us have as much notice as possible - press releases issued under embargo ahead of a study being published online achieve much better results.