Winter graduations 2021: update
29 Oct 2021
We're pleased to announce that in-person graduation ceremonies will take place
With graduation just a couple of months away, it's almost time to celebrate the achievements of our Winter Class of 2021 with our first in-person ceremonies since the start of the pandemic.
Our winter graduations will take place in-person at Whitworth Hall, from Monday 13 December to Friday, 17 December 2021. These ceremonies are for students who complete their studies between 29 July and 1 December.
Registration for these ceremonies is now open, and we have emailed students this week with instructions on how they can register and book their tickets.
Colleagues can find out more information on this year’s ceremonies on the graduation website. Students can also be directed here in the first instance if they’re looking for information about graduation.
Graduation is a huge team effort and relies on a number of staff to come together so we can deliver a truly memorable experience. We encourage as many of our University community to get involved in graduation activity.
All colleagues (academic and professional services) who wish to attend graduation ceremonies can join the academic procession during the ceremonies.
Have a look at the full timetable to join the ceremony for the department or faculty of your choice and then register to join the academic procession.
To register your attendance and order your gown:
- Log onto Enet or click forgotten password and enter your e-mail address (a link to change your password will be sent to you via email).
- Select the institution logo.
- Select 'My attendance & hire' (top left hand corner).
- Edit 'Personal details’, ensure your details are correct. Do not uncheck the 'receive emails' box as this will prevent you from receiving a confirmation email and further details. Select 'Update'.
- Edit 'Gown summary' check your details are correct or add/amend the requested information. Select 'Update'.
- You should now be able to select the ceremonies you wish to attend by time and date. Select 'Submit'.
- Log out (top right hand of screen).
- You will receive an email to confirm your booking. If you DO NOT receive an email confirmation please contact Enet as it is likely your booking has not been saved.
- If you need to change your attendance or any of your details you can do this at any time before the gown hire deadline of Monday, 29 November by logging in.
If you have any technical issues or problems logging into the Enet site please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robes for members of staff will be ordered free of charge provided they are ordered via Enet by Monday, 29 November 2021.
Keeping our University community safe
The health and wellbeing of our staff and students remain our priority, and we will continue to monitor the wider situation to assess what COVID-secure measures may be necessary to protect and support our graduating students, guests and staff. While we will do all that we can to make sure these ceremonies go ahead, we will also keep you updated if any wider COVID restrictions in the UK in December mean that we need to review whether these events can take place, in line with government guidelines.