Teaching Opportunities for Researchers
Are you interested in enhancing your teaching skills? Whether you are someone with lots of experience or are new to teaching and learning and want to start building your skills this page brings together training support and opportunities into one place to support your teaching and learning development.
Training and Development Opportunities
To support your teaching and learning development we offer both online courses and face-to-face training opportunities.
- Foundations of good teaching
- IT2.2: eLearning Platforms to Support Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (online resource)
- IT4: PGR Student Supervision: Foundations of Good Supervisory Practice
- IT12: Teaching with Technology
- Presentation skills (online training and resources)
- Graduate teaching assistant training (online training)
- Pedagogic and Staff Development programme
- Statistics Support and Resources for Educators
- Giving Feedback (online resource)
There are opportunities to teach on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Before agreeing to any teaching opportunity you should discuss this with your line manager to agree the time commitment.
- Teaching opportunities - find out about the latest teaching opportunities available across the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- FBMH Research staff involvement in teaching guidance
- The Brilliant Club
If you have teaching and learning experience and would like to evidence this for your career development we offer two programme which give you the opportunity to gain teaching and learning HEA Fellowships.