Support available from LEAP
As part of the LEAP you will have access to a wide range of support including workshops, online resources and the LEAP peer support and mentor scheme. This support is designed to help you plan, write and submit your LEAP application and to help you reflect on your achievements in teaching and learning.
For more information about each of the workshop sessions (including date, time and venue) and to book your place, please follow the links below.
- Pathway support workshops - to support you in reflecting on your teaching and learning practice and gathering evidence for your application:
- Shut-up and Write - self-led monthly sessions to help you safe-guard time to sit down and write your application with peer support and without disruptions
- One-to-one appointments - we offer one-to-one appointments to help you address any concerns or queries you may have prior to submitting your application. These twenty minute appointments are bookable online. Please email the LEAP Administrator for more details: email@example.com
- Kick-starting your LEAP application - for those applying for Associate Fellow, Fellow and Senior Fellow. Delivered by LEAP alumni, this session addresses some of the common barriers faced by LEAP participants when pulling together their applications to help you identify the next steps for your application.
To access the wide range of online resources available to support you in developing your LEAP application, please follow the links below.
- LEAP External Website - resources, workshop materials and exemplar applications
- Yammer - online peer support and information
- Pathway resource booklets - to help you gather evidence under the UKPSF criteria
- Mapping exercise template documents - please click the links below to download the template
- LEAP References Guidance - for further information about your supporting references
- LEAP Handbook
- LEAP Frequently Asked Questions
- The University of Manchester Referencing Guide - an online guide to academic referencing styles
- Evidencing Excellence - online resources from the Academy for Education and Professional Development
- Gathering ideas for your case studies: example mind-map
- Supporting presentations:
All participants registered on the LEAP will be assigned a LEAP Mentor and Peer Support Group shortly after they have successfully registered on the programme. Mentors and peer support groups will be confirmed to you via email.
LEAP Mentors are experienced colleagues who hold a HEA Fellowship and have received specific training to enable them to support you in completing your HEA application. Mentors provide advice and support as well as feedback on one draft of your application. Mentors are assigned to you from your initial registration on the programme for a period of 12 months.
- Frequently Asked Questions for LEAP Mentors - for more information about the LEAP Mentor Scheme
Peer Support Groups
Peer support groups are groups of up to six colleauges from across the University who are also undertaking their fellowship application and are registered on the same pathway. These groups offer you the opportunity to work with colleagues from different backgrounds, support you in developing your application and enable you to share good practice and experience in teaching and learning.
Online Peer Support
You will also have access to our online peer support group available through Yammer. The LEAP online peer support group provides an opportunity for all participants registered on the programme to share and discuss ideas, to ask questions and seek support from colleagues who are also working on their fellowship applications from anywhere and at any time.
- LEAP online peer support group and discussion forum - for access the group and to request to join